Health care under the name of Naturopathy has been used for centuries.It was previously known as ‘nature cure’ as it uses many plants and foods found in nature to help heal and cure many illnesses and symptoms of dis-ease.A naturopath is a health care professional that works holistically to treat acute and chronic conditions and assist in the prevention of disease.The ultimate aim is to establish and maintain health and wellbeing.
Naturopathy is a non-invasive therapy and primarily aims to restore health and vitality to an individual.A treatment typically consists of a health assessment, by way of a 1-2-1 consultation, to help identify where a person may need additional support.Dietary, nutritional and lifestyle changes are often recommended and sometimes herbal supplements may be required.
It can be useful in treating:-
- Acute conditions – such as sinusitis, upper respiratory infections,urinary tract infections
- Chronic conditions – including irritable bowel syndrome, asthma, allergies, oesophageal reflux
- Prevention of illness – supporting the immune system, diet and life-style management, stress reduction
- Pre-conception care – helping those who wish to conceive prepare nutritionally for a healthy pregnancy
- First do no harm – Hippocrates, also known as the ‘father of medicine’, is said to have initiated this phrase. It sums up perfectly the gentle naturopathic approach to healthcare.
- Treat the whole person – Naturopathy doesn’t just treat the symptoms. It treats the whole person to help identify the original cause of dis-ease. This includes looking at how the physical body is functioning, levels of stress and emotional wellbeing and life purpose and direction.
- Identify and treat the cause – to prevent reoccurrence and restore the body to full health
- Use the healing power of nature – the natural approaches to healthcare using plants and foods improve a person’s vitality and nutritional status and help the body naturally heal itself.
- Prevention – to inspire a healthy life style and immune support to establish health and wellness, also referred to as homeostasis within the body.
- Education – to empower clients with knowledge and information to help look after themselves and families for the future.